With the provincial COVID-19 Restart guidelines, the Regional District is providing limited, in-person service from its main KLO Road building in Kelowna.
While public visits are available weekdays between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, residents are encouraged whenever possible to save time and travel by continuing to contact staff:
Responses will be provided as quickly as possible during regular business hours, weekdays 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding holidays).
As the pandemic response has evolved, customers have readily adapted to online, email and telephone services. It’s hoped that in the interest of everyone’s safety, people continue to utilize these convenient, available options.
In keeping with the public safety guidelines of the Province, Interior Health and WorkSafe BC, the RDCO has instituted a number of protocols for visitors to its KLO Road administration building including:
- The December 3 Provincial Public Health Officer Order affecting gatherings and events allows Regional Board meetings to continue without in-person public attendance. Until the order is rescinded or replaced, no members of the public are allowed to attend Regional Board or Committee meetings. Livestream is available at rdco.com/board and links will be there after meetings to audio/video recordings.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn upon entry to public RDCO buildings (Administration office, EECO, Dog Pound)
- A limit on the number of visitors to the building (if possible, one per party)
- Personal hygiene requirements on entry
- Increased daily cleaning and sanitation of common contact surfaces
- Physical distancing in public areas and when dealing with staff
- Directional signage and floor markers for customers requiring service
- Installation of barriers to reduce potential transmission of the coronavirus
Development Applications, Planning, Building Inspections
Customers requiring specialized services like development applications and building inspections should continue to arrange appointments with staff by phone or email. A department directory is available at rdco.com/directory.
Parks and Park Programs
RDCO Dog Control and Regional Dog Pound
As health and safety guidelines evolve, the Regional District will adjust and update its customer service response to reduce potential spread of COVID-19. For updates on the RDCO Response to COVID-19 visit rdco.com/covid-19.
Please contact other organizations providing services from the RDCO Kelowna office on their public accessibility.
Essential Services provided by the RDCO are currently being maintained such as:
- Curbside garbage and recycling
- Solid waste transfer stations (North Westside, Traders Cove, Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre)
- Water systems (Falcon Ridge, Killiney Beach, Upper Fintry-Shalal Rd.-Valley of the Sun, Sunset Ranch, Trepanier/Star Place, Westshore Estates)
- Fire Services (Ellison, Joe Rich, North Westside, Wilson's Landing)
- Dog Control and Regional Dog Pound (pound open with restricted number of public visitors. You may also continue to arrange to claim/drop off dogs by calling 250-469-6284)
- Westside Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant and RDCO sewer collection system
- Building Inspections - See More Details
COVID-19 Utility Bill Late Payment Relief
The Regional Board has adopted nine amendment bylaws providing relief from late payment penalties on utility bills to help those facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. No late payment fees will be charged on outstanding balances in quarters 2, 3 and 4 for water, solid waste management and sewer utility invoices in the electoral areas for the rest of 2020. Penalty charges will resume in 2021 for outstanding utility payment balances. Residents that can afford to pay their utility bills on time are urged to do so in order to provide cash flow and help in mitigating potential interim borrowing costs for operations.
Regional Mayors and Westbank First Nation Chief Economic Recovery Task Force - supporting immediate needs of local business and drive for a full economic recovery - See Details and View Updates / View News Conference Video
To keep our staff healthy, we have instituted the following measures:
- A mask or face covering must be worn upon entry into public RDCO facilities (Administration office, EECO, Dog Pound)
- Some staff are working remotely
- Increased daily cleaning of shared contact surfaces
- Additional tissues and hand sanitizers around our public facilities
- Staff and visitors must follow personal hygiene measures including sanitizing/washing hands
- Social - physical distancing among staff and visitors
- Requesting staff/visitors stay home if not feeling well
- Building inspectors are maintaining social distancing and only being conducted for vacant or unoccupied buildings.