With the provincial COVID-19 Restart guidelines, the Regional District is providing in-person service from its main KLO Road building in Kelowna.
While public visits are available weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., residents are encouraged whenever possible to save time and travel by continuing to contact staff:
Responses will be provided as quickly as possible during regular business hours, weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding holidays).
As the pandemic response has evolved, customers have readily adapted to online, email and telephone services. It’s hoped that in the interest of everyone’s safety, people continue to utilize these convenient, available options.
In keeping with the public safety guidelines of the Province, Interior Health and WorkSafe BC, the RDCO has instituted a number of protocols for visitors to its KLO Road administration building including:
- With the Phase 3 Provincial Restart, limited public attendance is allowed with physical distancing for public meetings of the Regional Board and its advisory commissions. Whenever Board or Governance and Services Committee meeetings begin, a Livestream link is available at rdco.com/agenda and links will be there after meetings to audio/video recordings.
- As of July 29, masks or face coverings are required for the public upon entry to public RDCO buildings (Administration office, EECO, Dog Pound)
- A limit on the number of visitors to the building (if possible, one per party)
- Personal hygiene requirements on entry
- Increased daily cleaning and sanitation of common contact surfaces
- Physical distancing in public areas and when dealing with staff
- Directional signage and floor markers for customers requiring service
- Installation of barriers to reduce potential transmission of the coronavirus
Development Applications, Planning, Building Inspections
Customers requiring specialized services like development applications and building inspections should continue to arrange appointments with staff by phone or email. A department directory is available at rdco.com/directory.
Parks and Park Programs
RDCO Dog Control and Regional Dog Pound
As health and safety guidelines evolve, the Regional District will adjust and update its customer service response to reduce potential spread of COVID-19. For updates on the RDCO Response to COVID-19 visit rdco.com/covid-19.
Please contact other organizations providing services from the RDCO Kelowna office on their public accessibility.
Essential Services provided by the RDCO are currently being maintained such as:
- Curbside garbage and recycling
- Solid waste transfer stations (North Westside, Traders Cove, Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre)
- Water systems (Falcon Ridge, Killiney Beach, Upper Fintry-Shalal Rd.-Valley of the Sun, Sunset Ranch, Trepanier/Star Place, Westshore Estates)
- Fire Services (Ellison, Joe Rich, North Westside, Wilson's Landing)
- Dog Control and Regional Dog Pound (pound open with restricted number of public visitors. You may also continue to arrange to claim/drop off dogs by calling 250-469-6284)
- Westside Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant and RDCO sewer collection system
- Building Inspections - See More Details
To keep our staff healthy, we have instituted the following measures:
- As of July 29, a mask or face covering is required for members of the public upon entry into public RDCO facilities (Administration office, EECO, Dog Pound)
- Some staff are working remotely
- Increased daily cleaning of shared contact surfaces
- Additional tissues and hand sanitizers around our public facilities
- Staff and visitors must follow personal hygiene measures including sanitizing/washing hands
- Social - physical distancing among staff and visitors
- Requesting staff/visitors stay home if not feeling well
- Building inspectors are maintaining social distancing and only being conducted for vacant or unoccupied buildings.