Air Quality Concerns

For residential smoke (indoor appliances), idling vehicles and local air quality concerns, please submit a request online.

Outdoor Burning
For outdoor wood burning please visit Outdoor Burning

If you suspect that someone is burning without a permit or the specific requirements are not met, call Regional Fire Dispatch:  250-469-8577

For industrial-related concerns about air quality in the Central Okanagan, please contact the Ministry of Environment: or call the 24-hour RAPP (Report All Poachers and Polluters) tip-line: 1-877-952-7277.

The Ministry of Environment’s reactive team collects information from all the received complaints and that data is used to support planned inspections. Any evidence of ash or smoke leaving the property would be used to strengthen a complaint. If you are including photos with your complaint, be sure the sun is at your back when the picture is taken.

Regional District of Central Okanagan | 1450 KLO Road | Kelowna, BC V1W 3Z4
Ph: 250-763-4918 | Fax: 250-763-0606 | Email:
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed Holidays)