The facility is located in Mission Creek Regional Park (Springfield and Durnin Roads), it is just steps away from trails, a playground, and the Mission Creek Greenway.
Due to COVID-19 health emergency, for everyone's safety, masks are required, physical distancing is in place for visitors with a maximum of 5 people allowed in the facility at any time.
- Tuesday through Sunday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Closed Mondays and some statutory holidays. Closed June 10 and 11 due to exterior staining odours.
Things to Do
- See the new exhibit - Learn more about feline and canine species. Find a new Regional Park to visit with our Staff Picks. View information on all 30 Regional Parks in the Central Okanagan – finding inspiration for outdoor exploration. Friendly and helpful staff look forward to your visit and will answer your questions.
- Discovery Backpacks - Sign out a Discovery Backpack – topics include: Birds, Kokanee, Geology, and Pond Dip.
School and Public Programs
- School Programs are available for kindergarten through Grade 12 and adult education classes.
- Public Programs and events happen at the EECO throughout the year.
- PlaySkills in the Park summer camp - July 5 - 9 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily for youngsters age 6-9. Visit our Events page - select Nature Programs for more info and to register.
Calendar of Events has an up-to-date calendar view of Regional District programs and events.
Directions to the EECO
Take Springfield Road and turn into Mission Creek Regional Park at the Durnin Road intersection.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events