Notice: With ongoing pandemic there are changes to the Nut Harvest and Sales - Please view important information
Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park is a 4-hectare park located on the shores of Okanagan Lake in West Kelowna. The park has a heritage nut farm as well as a playground, short walking trails and a small beach.
- Lakefront park with playground
- Nut harvest and sales (September to November by volunteers with the Gellatly Nut Farm Society)
- Self-guided tours through nut farm trails
Tour This Park Map
GPS-enabled Trail Map - track your way around the park in real time using your mobile device. Download the app and open the GPS-enabled trail map - View How to Use GPS Maps for more information
There is a variety of nuts grown in the heritage nut orchard, including:
- buartnuts, and
Nuts are sold during the fall harvest from September to November only.
All funds from the annual nut harvest go back into the park to assist with upkeep and park improvements.
2020 Nut Sales Information - News Release
Due to COVID-19, the Gellatly Nut Farm Society is not operating the store, but have adjusted procedures for public nut harvesting.
- Bring your own bags.
- Pick from the ground only—do not climb trees. Nuts fall to the ground when they are ripe enough to pick.
- Payment is on the honour system and must be deposited into the payment box at the house (cash only).
- Small bucket: $5.00
- Large bucket: $10.00
- Bowl and Board purchases by appointment only. Please call: 250-470-0999 or 250-768-5960.
- Motorized vehicles, overnight camping, open fires, and smoking are not permitted.
- Please use and properly dispose of garbage or pet waste in containers provided or at home.
Dogs are welcome on-leash on main trail and parking area within park boundaries. Dog are not allowed in the beach area or the nut orchard. Please pickup and properly dispose of pet waste in containers provided.
January 1 – February 28 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
March 1 – May 31 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
June 1 – August 31 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
September 1 – October 14 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
October 15 – December 31 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Hwy 97 in West Kelowna to Gellatly Road to Whitworth Road.
Related Documents and Links
Contact The Gellatly Nut Farm Society
The Gellatly Nut Farm Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the hundred year old orchard and trees in perpetuity. The Society is still accepting donations towards restoration and development of the park and is seeking volunteers to help with the annual nut harvest.
For more information about the Gellatly Nut Farm Society please direct correspondence to:
2375 Whitworth Road, West Kelowna, BC, V4T 2K3 .
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events